How to update iTunes on PC: tips
Modern users are trying to learnthe maximum information about the programs with which they work. Every owner of Apple products is familiar with iTunes. This application helps to transfer information to "apple" devices and restore them. Sometimes this software requires an update. Neglecting this procedure can lead to some malfunctioning of the devices when synchronizing with a PC. How do I update iTunes? We will have to answer this question further.
In fact, there is nothing difficult to achieve the task. And even a novice user will be able to translate the idea into reality. Especially if you follow the instructions below.
Ways of updating
How can I update iTunes on my computer? In general, there are several approaches to translating ideas into reality. You can perform the operation on MacOS and on Windows. The procedures will be slightly different.
In addition, now we can distinguish:
- automatic update;
- downloading a new software assembly manually.
Some under the upgrade involve reinstalling iTunes. But nothing in common with the studied processes installation of a new version of the application does not. Therefore, this method will not be considered.
On Windows without startup
It's hard to believe, but not always the work of the program"АйТюнс" is required in order to conduct its updating. Windows users can cope with the task without getting started with the application. The main thing is that it should in principle be installed on a PC. So, in order to update iTunes to Windows without running the mentioned program, it is necessary:
- Open AppleSoftWareUpdate. This utility is installed with iTunes.
- Go to "Edit" - "Settings" - "Schedule".
- Set the frequency of the update search. For example, daily.
- Restart the application.
- Wait until the process is complete.
- Select the iTunes line and click on the "Install" button.
It is important to remember that the computer must be connected to the Internet. Otherwise, it is not possible to search for new software assemblies.
In Windows with their own hands
How do I update iTunes? There is one more solution that is suitable for Windows users. You can use manual check for updates. To do this, you need to do the following:
- Open on the computer "АйТюнс".
- Go to the "Help" section at the top of the window.
- Click on the "Updates" line.
- Examine the result of scanning.
- Click the "Update / Install updates" button.
All further actions are extremely simple and understandable. It is enough to follow the instructions of the software update wizard. A few minutes later, a new iTunes assembly appears on your computer.
Automatic verification on MacOS
Now a few words about how you can implementIdea in life if you have a MacOS user. How do I update iTunes? Let's start by automatically verifying the version of the application. The program update guide looks like this:
- Get started with iTunes.
- In the upper left corner, click on the button with the Apple logo.
- Click on the line "Software Update ...".
- Go to the "Updates" section.
- Click on the "Update all" button. It will be available if the version of iTunes is deprecated.
Next, you need a little wait. After some time a person will receive an updated iTunes. The speed of the operation depends on the speed of the Internet.
MacOS and manual update
How can I update iTunes? The last actual for today reception is the use of manual "update" in MacOS. The procedure is not too difficult. In general, the operation somewhat resembles the previously proposed algorithms. To check the version of iTunes and update the corresponding software, you need to do this:
- Start the work with the program.
- Click on the upper right corner of the application.
- Select "Updates ...".
- Wait for the results and click on the "Install Now / Download" button.
The procedure for updating the program will begin. In reality, everything is much simpler than it seems. All of the above algorithms work reliably. Therefore, the user can decide on his own how to act.</ p>>