How at home to treat tooth decay? Folk remedies
Dental caries is quite seriousThe problem that many people face. This process has many negative consequences. That's why you need to think about the prevention of the disease, as well as about its timely treatment. There are also many options for how to treat cavities at home. Each method has its own positive features and features.
Dental caries is a complex pathologicalthe process that occurs after teething. Hard tissues become soft, which leads to the formation of cavities. Translated from Latin, this term literally means "rotting", it is often used for various diseases of hard tissues of teeth, the signs of which are the crumbling of dentin and enamel.
Dental caries appears in differentage and in many different forms. Most often the problem begins because of the activity of bacteria such as streptococcus mutans, which usually accumulate on the surface of the enamel in the form of plaque. You can remove it with a toothbrush and a special solution for rinsing the mouth. Dentists distinguish two stages of caries: the first, which is characterized by the formation of a white or pigmented spot, and the second, when the defect is visible already on the hard tissues of the tooth.
What is dangerous disease?
Despite the fact that most people believecaries is a simple and frivolous situation, which can be dealt with later, things are different. The fact that the problems with the teeth directly affect the quality of food processing in the human mouth, respectively, on the work of his digestive system. Complications of caries cause many problems both from a functional and an aesthetic point of view. This includes the following:
- A constant source of infection can lead to the fact that a person begins to show an allergic reaction.
- The disease affects the work of the circulatory system badly.
- Serious diseases - this is a common phenomenon among those who have started caries. Pulpitis, periodontitis and flux is not a complete list of problems.
- In the presence of dental patients, the load in the processchewing lies only on one side of the mouth, which leads to poor chewing food. This, in turn, causes gastritis, heartburn and indigestion.
Important is also the aesthetic discomfort. In connection with bad teeth, a person feels insecure in society, shy of smiling, laughing, communicating with people.
Symptoms of the disease
The problem can be recognized by the presence of the following signs:
- Appearance of obvious dark spots on the teeth. In this case, most often we are talking about a problem such as superficial caries.
- The teeth became rough, which can be felt with the tongue.
- During the meal, teeth begin to ache, whine, and also acutely respond to cold, hot, sweet and sour food.
- With a toothpick or even a tongue, you can easily feel the cavities in your teeth.
If you start caries, then it can spread to the inside of the tooth, where there are nerve endings. In this case, when eating people will feel a lot of pain and discomfort.
Causes of the problem
Superficial or moderate caries can appearfor various reasons. This affects the individual characteristics of the body, the stability of dental tissues and immune system, as well as lifestyle. In general, we can identify the following factors that affect this problem:
- Professional activity. It has been proven that people who work in enterprises engaged in the production of acids and alkalis are more likely to face the disease than others.
- Age. Most often, children suffer from this disease. Milk caries is a fairly common phenomenon throughout the world.
- Geography. Various studies indicate that the region in which a person lives is directly responsible for his predisposition to this problem. This is due to water, in particular, the presence of fluorine in it.
- Sexual accessory. In women, the average and superficial caries is much more common than in the stronger sex. This is due to the birth of children, the feeding of a child, as well as a higher craving for sweets.
- Physiology. At each person formation of a soft touch and process of reproduction of bacteria has individual character. This affects the caries stage.
It is also important to consider the genetic aspect. The state of enamel, the nature and type of salivation, the level of bacterial growth and other factors are inherited.
The most reasonable thing is not to wait until it appearsillness, and to prevent its occurrence, especially if it is a question of caries of anterior teeth. In order to keep your teeth healthy, you need to adhere to the following rules:
- Thoroughly clean the mouth cavity at least twice a day.
- For cleaning, you must use a properly selected toothbrush and toothpaste.
- Regularly remove tartar.
- Visit the dentist 1-2 times a year for the prevention.
Particular attention should be given to proper nutrition. It is necessary to reduce the consumption of sweet and flour, there are more fruits, vegetables and products containing calcium.
Treatment of caries in the dental office
If a person has a serious superficial or medium caries, then mandatory specialist help is needed, which usually includes the following procedures:
- Professional removal of plaque with tooth enamel. For this, tools with special nozzles, abrasive toothpastes, and special hard brushes are used.
- Installation of seals with the selection of an option with an identical shade of tooth enamel. It depends on the attractiveness of a smile. This is especially true if caries of the front teeth is present.
- Use of anesthesia. In most cases, only anesthetics help patients to transfer the drill of tissues that are severely affected by caries. This moment is very important, therefore it is necessary to entrust it only to the professional.
- The process of polishing and additional grinding of teeth.
An important stage of the dentist's work is the removal of tissues, which are affected by the work of microorganisms. For this purpose, modern drills are used.
Treatment of caries by folk remedies
If there was a situation that a person discoveredcaries, however, due to various reasons at the moment there is no opportunity to visit the dentist, then folk methods can help. How at home to treat tooth decay? There are many options that will cope with this problem, however, you need to remember that this only works if the disease is at an early stage of development. If the tissue is deeply affected, then you need to contact a specialist.
The use of folk remedies is usually sufficientsimple and does not require special skills or abilities. All products are quick to prepare and inexpensive, while they have high efficiency. If you want to achieve maximum effect, the optimal combination of different treatment options, both folk and professional. It is also important to connect means for prevention, which will stop the process of destruction of dental tissues, help the body to eliminate the problem as soon as possible.
Treatment with fruits and vegetables
One of the most effective ways, how to treat caries at home, is vegetables and fruits. There are following folk recipes:
- Beet. You need to attach the beetroot to the sick tooth and keep it for 20-30 minutes. To do this, you can also use grated vegetables.
- Banana. For medicinal purposes, the peel of the banana is applied. It should be grated and slightly dried, then applied to the tooth.
To obtain an additional effect to the beetrootor banana, you can add olive oil, as well as iodized salt. The resulting mixture must be slowly rubbed into the gums. The procedure should be repeated 2-3 times a day.
For therapeutic as well as preventive purposesyou can use ordinary household soap. To do this, you need to prepare a soapy solution and brush their teeth like a regular toothpaste. After this, it is necessary to rinse the mouth thoroughly with plenty of water. For each procedure, use only a freshly prepared soap solution.
The therapeutic effect of household soap consists inThe fact that a huge amount of a disinfectant that kills a variety of bacteria gets on the surface of the tooth. Due to this, this remedy has a positive effect in the defeat of teeth of putrefactive nature.
Medicinal herbs are an excellent remedy for fighting this disease. How at home to treat tooth decay in this case? Especially effective are the following options:
- Sage. Essential oil of sage is fatal for fungi and bacteria, which is effective in the presence of caries. To do this, 2 tablespoons dry plant should be poured a glass of boiling water, give him to drink for an hour and regularly rinse his mouth.
- Chinese Schisandra. Has an effect similar to sage. For this, the bark and branches of the plant are filled with hot water, heated for half an hour in a water bath. The broth can be drunk, holding it for a few seconds in the mouth.
- Air. To do this, half of the root of ara should be poured a glass of vodka and a glass of water, insist for 10 days. The finished product should be diluted with water and rinse the mouth twice a day.
To enhance the healing effect of herbs can be combined.
Application of medicinal herbal dues
Various mixtures based on a variety of herbs allow several times to enhance the therapeutic effect of plants. Especially effective are the following options:
- Mix one tablespoon of chamomile, St. John's wort and marigold, pour two cups of boiling water and insist for one hour. The product should rinse your mouth after each meal.
- The combination of lemon balm, nettle and strawberry in equal proportions, which is poured hot water and languishing in a thermos for two hours. Tincture should be used twice a day to rinse the mouth.
- A mixture of mint and fennel fruits in the samequantities. 50 grams of the mixture should be insisted on half a liter of vodka for three months. A teaspoon of tincture is bred in a glass of warm water and rinses the mouth after each meal.
These options can be used to treat caries for one month.
The use of propolis
Propolis is considered to be one of the mosteffective means in the fight against caries and other dental problems. For the healing effect, propolis needs to be sunk, put it in a cotton swab and attach it to the diseased area. Keep the product needed for 30 minutes.
Propolis has strong antibacterialand antiseptic properties due to the numerous resins and minerals in its composition. Propolis very quickly acts on the affected tooth and slows down the processes of destruction.
Also, other means help to fight caries:
- Fir oil. You need to dab a cotton swab in this remedy and attach it to the sick tooth for a few minutes.
- Camphor. A good option in the presence of tooth decay. This means you need to lubricate the gums.
- Garlic. Excellent in the presence of pain. To do this, from the lobules of garlic, you need to prepare the paste and apply it with a cotton swab on the tooth. Pasta should be kept until the moment when the toothache does not abate.
- Bow. Shelukh should be insisted in two glasses of boiling water for 8 hours. This solution should be rinsed three times a day.
- Salt. For mouthwash, salt is excellent, especially sea salt. To do this, 40 grams of salt should be dissolved in a glass of warm water and keep the solution in your mouth for about three minutes.
Caries is a serious problem that is dangerousfor the whole organism. At the initial stage of the disease, a variety of folk remedies will help. They will help to remove the pain, kill the bacteria, and stop the process of destruction. But this is only a temporary measure. In order to prevent a more complicated situation, you must always contact a specialist.</ p>>