Dysbacteriosis of the vagina: how and why does it appear?
Dysbacteriosis of the vagina to dateIt is considered a fairly common problem with which every representative of the fair sex meets at least once in a lifetime. It is characterized by a disturbance of the vaginal microflora, in which intensive multiplication of pathogens is observed along with a significant decrease in the content of beneficial bacteria. Unfortunately, it is not always easy to make such a diagnosis, since quite often dysbiosis occurs without any visible symptoms.
Dysbacteriosis of the vagina: causes
There are many different factors that can cause a disruption in the composition of microflora. Here are the most common of them:
- Failures of hormonal background - arise in diseasesendocrine system, as well as in violation of the monthly, after abortion or childbirth, with irregular sexual life, as well as during menopause or puberty.
- Subcooling of the body, as it leads to a decrease in both general and local levels of immune defense, which prevents the body from suppressing the development of pathogenic microorganisms.
- Infectious or inflammatory diseases of the pelvic organs.
- Infectious diseases that are transmitted from a partner during intercourse.
- Treatment of any disease with antibiotics.
- Neglect of the rules of personal intimate hygiene.
- Sharp climate change - indeed, quite often dysbiosis begins to develop during trips to other countries with unusual weather conditions.
- Dysbacteriosis of the intestine - the fact is that the state of the microflora of the vagina is connected with the internal environment of the organism.
- Improper use of tampons. It should be remembered that the tampon should be changed every two hours, regardless of the amount of excreta.
Dysbacteriosis of the vagina: signs
As already mentioned, most often such a diseaseis hidden, and its symptoms are so insignificant that women just do not pay attention to them. For example, if the microflora is disturbed, the amount of secretions increases, they acquire a yellowish hue, and in some cases have an unpleasant smell. Sometimes, on the contrary, patients complain of severe dryness in the genitals. As for all other symptoms, they are directly related to complications - inflammation, fungal and bacterial infection. In some cases, the disease can spread to the urinary system.
Dysbacteriosis of the vagina: treatment
Methods of treatment of dysbiosis can determineonly a doctor. First of all, it is necessary to find out the cause of such a state and liquidate it. For example, if dysbiosis emerged as a result of sexual infection, then a patient with a woman is prescribed a course of antibiotic treatment. In addition, they use special tampons, lotions and baths with antiseptic agents that eliminate the pathogenic microflora.
After the removal of pathogensit is necessary to begin to restore normal microflora. For this purpose, drugs that modulate and stimulate the activity of the body's immune system are used.
Typically, the treatment of vaginal dysbiosis lasts about a month, but these times vary depending on the extent of the lesion and the presence of concomitant diseases.
Even after treatment, there is a risk ofdisease, especially if the cause of dysbiosis was not found. In this case, the patient should visit the treating gynecologist every three months for one more year. During the consultations, the examination and the delivery of tests will be conducted to prevent the development of new diseases in time. In addition, the treatment of dysbiosis is much easier and more successful if it can be detected in the early stages.</ p>>