Arthrosis of the elbow joint: treatment with drugs and folk remedies
Wrong way of life, poor nutrition, constantsitting position - these are far from the only factors that can provoke problems with the musculoskeletal system. It should be noted that the number of problems associated with joints increases every year. In this case, the disease can appear not only in the elderly, but also among young people. One of these pathologies is arthrosis of the elbow joint. Treatment of it is made only after consultation with a specialist-rheumatologist, surgeon and orthopedist.
What is characterized by the disease
Its main feature is thatthe cartilage tissue of the articulation is affected. In it there is a worsening of blood circulation. This tissue is injured. If the pathology is not treated, then it will progress and may affect the bones. This significantly limits the mobility of the joint.
It should be noted that much more often pathologyoccurs in men. It can promote deformation of bones, which is treated only operatively. Therefore, at the first symptoms of the disease, try to quickly contact a specialist.
Why does this problem occur?
Arthrosis of the elbow joint (treatment of the presented pathology must be complex) can occur under the influence of such factors:
- Frequent injury to the elbow.
Excessive physical stress on the joint.
- Inflammatory or infectious diseases in the body (and musculoskeletal system).
- Too much body weight.
- Permanent wearing of weights.
- Sedentary way of life.
- Bad food and habits.
If arthrosis of the elbow joint is found, the treatment should be prescribed by a doctor. And only with him you have to coordinate all your actions.
This pathology can have such a manifestation:
1. Pain that becomes stronger during movement.
2. Stiffness in movements.
3. Audible crunch in the joint.
4. Deformation of the joint, which is visible to the naked eye.
5. Puffiness and redness on the skin in the affected area.
6. A slight increase in temperature.
If you are diagnosed with arthrosis of the elbow joint, the symptoms (treatment is made after their determination) will help the doctor to prescribe adequate therapy.
After an accurate diagnosis, which includesexamination of the patient, the delivery of tests, X-ray and MRI, the specialist should make a way to fight the disease. Treatment is symptomatic and complex. That is, you will be prescribed anti-inflammatory drugs and medications that will help reduce pain, for example, "Troxevasin", "Trental". Naturally, the patient will need to use medicines that can restore blood circulation and cartilage in the joint. Very often the doctor prescribes preparations "Heparin", "Phosphoden", "Prodectin".
In order for the drug to act quickly, it can be injected directly into the affected articulation of the bones. For this, the tool "Diprospan", "Dexamethasone" is used.
Is operation necessary?
If the vases are diagnosed with deforming arthrosiselbow joint, the treatment of such a pathology may involve surgical intervention. The operation is also performed if the disease is badly started and traditional methods of therapy do not give a positive result.
If you develop arthrosis of the elbow joint,Symptoms (treatment involves fixing them in the patient's medical history) in conjunction with other studies give a complete picture of how badly the cartilage is damaged.
The operation provides for the installation of an artificialprosthesis. He can serve up to 20 years, is well tolerated by the body and allows the hand to function as early as 3 days after the intervention. However, this procedure is not cheap.
Naturally, surgical intervention andTablets are not the only way to get rid of pathology. The complex of measures also includes physiotherapeutic procedures and therapeutic physical training. Do you have arthrosis of the elbow joint? Treatment may involve the use of such methods:
- Manual therapy.
- Radio wave baths.
- Treatment with mud.
- Chloride-sodium baths.
- Application of turpentine.
As for physical education, it is necessaryuse carefully so as not to damage the cartilage even more. When arthrosis of the elbow joint is observed, treatment at home provides a serious restriction of any kind of load on the affected joint. Bandages can be used for this.
Features of the use of folk methods
Naturally, for the treatment of this diseaseUsed and alternative medicine. If you have arthrosis of the elbow joint, treatment with folk remedies can provide a very good effect. However, try to consult a doctor before starting such therapy. During the treatment you can help such recipes:
1. Ointment from propolis and olive oil. To prepare it, take 50 grams of each raw material. Ingredients are mixed and used for rubbing into the affected area. Apply ointment should be at night.
2. Fresh burdock leaves are good.You just need to wrap the elbow with a plant and hold the compress for a while. In addition, the juice of burdock helps to remove pain. For its preparation you will need a root or dried leaves of a plant. Razirayte raw materials in powder and mix with honey. You can use the drug 5 times a day for a large spoon.
3. Flowers buttercup, steamed 5 liters of boiling water, can relieve pain, resume good blood microcirculation. Soar your elbow from the highest temperature.
4. Infusion from the root of the sabelnik.Raw materials should be crushed thoroughly in a blender and poured into a glass jar with a capacity of 1 liter. Vodka is flooded to the brim. Infuse the mixture should not less than 14 days in a place where it is dark and warm. Then the infusion is best stored in the refrigerator. It is used for compresses or oral administration (on a large spoon three times a day).
If arthrosis of the elbow joint is diagnosed, treatment with folk remedies along with traditional therapy will quickly get rid of this rather complicated disease.
Any pathology is better to prevent, than long andit is painful to get rid of it. First of all, adjust your diet and physical activity. Refuse alcohol and tobacco. Do not eat too much smoked foods, salt and fatty foods. Eat plenty of vitamins and fruits. Juices with a high content of calcium, vitamin B and D will help to energize your cartilages. If necessary, take a multivitamin complex. Try to walk in the air, exercise, but avoid injuries.
Do not overload the joints too much.Do not carry in a sick hand bags or objects, the mass of which exceeds 3 kilograms. If you have a lot of weight, you need to reset it. If you have already discovered arthrosis of the elbow joint, treatment (reviews will help you together with the doctor to choose the necessary therapy) should begin immediately. Only in this case all the measures taken can give a positive result.
Follow all the doctor's recommendations and stay healthy!</ p>>