It is necessary to know everything. Symptoms of thrombophlebitis, its treatment and prevention.
According to the World OrganizationHealth care 70% of modern people know about thrombophlebitis not by hearsay. Just think about these statistics: 70 people out of 100 suffer from this disease and can observe signs of thrombophlebitis in themselves.
What is this disease? How to identify him? And if almost one third of the entire population of the globe is ill, maybe you should not pay attention to the ailment because of its frivolity? About everything in order.
- Thrombophlebitis. Is it a trifle or a serious medical problem?
Thrombophlebitis is a disease of the veins,characterized by inflammation of the venous wall and the formation of a thrombus in the lumen of the vessel. It can affect the hepatic veins, axillary and subclavian, veins of the thoracic wall and be wandering, but these forms of thrombophlebitis are quite rare. When they speak of the mass character of the disease, they mean still thrombophlebitis of the vessels of the lower extremities. According to the nature of the disease, thrombophlebitis is divided into acute, subacute and chronic, according to the nature of the inflammatory process - purulent and non-purulent, localization - thrombophlebitis of superficial or deep veins.
The disease is very insidious. The main danger is not signs of thrombophlebitis, but its consequences: trophic ulcers, venous insufficiency, gangrene and thromboembolism of cerebral vessels, as well as pulmonary arteries. The thromboembolism of large vessels often has a deadly finish. Such a serious enemy as thrombophlebitis, you need to know "in person".
- Symptoms of thrombophlebitis. How do you know that it's time for you to see a phlebologist?
Symptomatic of thrombophlebitis depends primarily on the localization of thrombus formation and the development of the inflammatory process.
Symptoms of thrombophlebitis of superficial veins.
- In the first days the body temperature rises to 37.3 -38 º С.
- The appearance of moderate pain along the course of superficial veins, usually in places where varicose veins are observed.
- Superficial signs of venous inflammation: redness and swelling of the skin, painful seals.
A more dangerous form of thrombophlebitis with lesion of deep veins. His symptoms.
- The body temperature rises to 39 - 40 ° C.
- Strong, almost intolerable pain in the limbs.
- A noticeable swelling of the entire leg, the skin on her at first pale, later cyanotic.
- The aching leg feels cooler than the healthy one.
- Symptom Moses: when you press the shin in front or behind - a sharp pain, right and left - there is no painful reaction.
- In the absence of treatment can take a purulent character with the formation of an abscess or even phlegmon.
Not important signs of thrombophlebitis of superficial or deep veins made itself felt, your actions should be as follows:
- It is necessary to call a doctor immediately at home,
- in anticipation of the doctor to lie down, a painful leg to give a comfortable elevated position.
- Treatment of thrombophlebitis. What treatments are most effective?
This question can not be answered unequivocally. It can be not only medical: conservative or surgical, but also folk remedies. And the answer to the question: "How to treat thrombophlebitis?", Depends only on how the disease develops and where it is localized.
When lesions of deep venous vessels are shownurgent hospitalization, bed rest with fixation of a sick limb in the tire in an elevated state. Abundant drink, anticoagulants, anti-inflammatory drugs, elastic bandaging and most often antibiotics - this is the classic set for conservative treatment of this form of thrombophlebitis.
With the localization of thrombi in the superficial veins,the regime is less strict: patients can sit, lower their legs for a short period of time. To a set of medicines, ointments and compresses with anticoagulant and anti-inflammatory action, physiotherapy are added.
The surgical method of treatment is usually used in the following cases:
- when with superficial thrombophlebitis inflammation from the shin rises to the thigh.
- acute surface thrombophlebitis, for the prevention of thromboembolic complications.
- purulent and gangrenous thrombophlebitis.
Do not neglect and recipes of traditional medicine. But to apply them better in the period of remission or as an addition to medical treatment.
And yet at such a massive incidencethrombophlebitis, it is worthwhile to think about the prevention of the disease beforehand, when nothing threatens yet. Especially if there are predisposing factors: slowing blood flow, increasing blood coagulability, traumatizing veins, heart and vascular disease, endocrine disorders, but the most common factor is varicose veins.
- How to get ahead of thrombophlebitis? Prophylaxis of the disease.
- Treatment of diseases that provoke thrombophlebitis. Especially varicose veins.
- Early lifting and elastic bandaging of the legs of patients after surgical operations. Most importantly, this condition is for those who are at risk.
- Consumption of a sufficient amount of liquid.
- Walking, therapeutic exercises and contrasting douche.