Allergies in children
Allergy in children is a sufficient phenomenoncommon. Every fifth child on our planet suffers from this ailment. This disease can develop very early - from the first months of life, especially if the baby is fed by artificial milk formula.
It is necessary to distinguish diathesis from allergy, becauseit is a signal for predisposition, but not for the disease itself. If you do not take corrective measures in time, you may later need to treat bronchial asthma or allergic urticaria.
Allergy in children occurs for various reasons. Let's consider the basic.
- Heredity. In the case of the presence of this disease in one of the parents, the risk of its occurrence in the child is thirty to forty percent. If they suffer both mother and father, the probability is doubled.
- Improper nutrition (lack of vitamins, minerals) and unsatisfactory environmental conditions.
- Psychological factor. Children who are not given enough attention can get an opinion that they are taken care of only when they are ill. Such a scheme is so fixed in the subconscious that the disease acquires a chronic character, and it is difficult to get rid of it even after years.
Predisposition to allergies may developeven in the fetus, if the future mother during the period of wearing abuses chocolate, strawberries, citrus and fish. Allergy in children up to one year can also be a consequence of malnutrition of the mother (or taking antibiotic drugs without stopping natural feeding).
It has been established that breast milk is maximallyreduces the risk of developing the disease in question. It is necessary to breastfeed at least the first six months of his life. When introducing complementary foods, it is necessary to adhere to established norms - not to exceed the deadlines, but not to delay with enriching the baby's diet with solid foods.
In addition, it is not recommended to bathe too oftena child with soap and clean his ears and nose daily, because in this way it is possible to reduce the ability of a fragile organism to resist irritants and provoke a malfunction in the immune system.
At the age of up to six years, the ailment can develop with the use of highly allergenic food (in excess quantities). Allergies in children can also become a signal of a lack of vitamins A, C, E, B.
Symptoms of the disease:
- a rash on the skin (buttocks, cheeks), crusts on the head, reddening of the cheeks;
- cough, reddening of the throat, increased tearing, allergic conjunctivitis;
- frequent and profuse regurgitation, abdominal pain, poor digestion of food, loose stools;
- Edema of the ear shells, eyelids, face, genitals, brushes and soft palate.
The above symptoms are local. Among the most common are the following: increased body temperature, chills, inhibition or excitement, pallor.
Children's allergies, as experts say, can be false. This means that they are a normal reaction of the body to the introduction of certain products (meat, milk, raw vegetables).
If the child suffers from the(as often as possible) as often as possible, since dust deposited on furniture, books, carpets and clothing can lead to the development of a disease.
Allergy in children often occurs on the coat of domestic animals.
Even experienced pediatricians are not always easydiagnose this disease. That's why parents are not recommended to deal with the treatment of the child by themselves, resorting only to the advice of acquaintances. Only a doctor will be able to make an allergic test and prescribe an adequate therapy regimen.</ p>>