Varicocele is a varicose veinsthe spermatic cord, its groinlike plexus. Until now, it is not clear - how the mechanism of spermatogenesis is disturbed, whether varicocele leads to infertility, what is the optimal age for surgical treatment varicocele and others.
Thirty percent of people who sufferinfertility, this disease is revealed. In one of the first places among the causes of male infertility is varicocele, the symptoms of which have been erased so much that for the first time it can be detected only on examination during examination for infertility. Only ten percent of people with varicocele feel either pain in the scrotum, or a feeling of discomfort in the area of the spermatic cord, which usually increase after physical exertion.
Most varicocele develops on the left (beforeeighty percent of cases), less often - bilateral varicocele, and right-sided is only in four percent of cases. With age, its symptoms become more frightening, for example, hypoplasia (a decrease in size) of the testicle develops, which can result in its complete atrophy, possibly also aggravating with age, a violation of spermatogenesis, impotence is not excluded.
The most common among practicing specialists is the classification of this disease:
- varikotsele 1 degree - when performing palpation of the scrotum, a positive result is observed on the Valsalva specimen, but the veins are not palpable in the spermatic cord;
- second degree - varicose-dilated veins during palpation of the scrotum are palpable easily;
- third degree - varicose-dilated veins are well defined even during visual inspection.
By the way, the degree of varicocele is not related tothe degree of impaired spermatogenesis, which means that even at the first degree of its spermogram can be significantly impaired, which means that surgery will be required to treat this disease.
This disease occurs in most cases almost asymptomatic, but it is worth paying attention to some signs that speak about possible troubles in the near future:
- sagging of the scrotum, which becomes most noticeable during walking and in hot weather;
- sensation of heaviness in the scrotum and in the groin;
- pulling, dull pain in the groin, in the testicle and along the entire length of the spermatic cord during walking and lifting weights;
- permanent general weakness, increasing disability;
- disorders in the genital area, a decrease in the testicle;
- deterioration of the appearance of the scrotum (unaesthetic).
Dull, pulling, or stitching pain and a burning sensation of the testicle, radiating into the perineum, lower back and into the penis, can also be attached.
In the diagnosis of varicocele, symptoms and complaints canand do not help, only after a violation of the spermogram, that is, after the appearance of complications, the presence of this disease is revealed. Therefore, for the timely diagnosis is important to the complexity of the survey, namely:
- anamnesis collection;
- physical examination;
- laboratory tests, which include, in addition to the spermogram, also a study of the level of hormones;
- The ultrasound is also performed according to the indications.
Varicocele does not necessarily lead to infertility, but such complication is quite possible. The course of this disease can be divided into three conditional stages:
1) From sixteen to twenty-five years. Normospermia: if there are any small changes in the quality of sperm, they do not affect the possibility of conception.
2) From twenty-five to thirty-five years. A mild pathospermia: the spermogram can deteriorate or improve, it is possible to conceive the child naturally by coinciding with the period of improving the quality of sperm with the period of ovulation in the partner.
3) Persistent pathospermia: the quality of sperm is consistently lowered, it is impossible to conceive naturally.
Given that there are such formidable complications, it is necessary to identify varicocele, the symptoms of which may not even be particularly disturbing, as soon as possible, contact a specialist for help.</ p>>