How is an elastic bandage applied to the ankle joint?
During recovery from damageAn ankle joint is recommended to use an elastic bandage. The use of such a tool contributes to the secure fixation of the limb in a static position and relieves the recurrence of injury. It is extremely important to correctly apply an elastic bandage to the ankle joint. Only in this case the decision will be of use. Usually, the procedure is performed by qualified doctors in the treatment rooms. However, having mastered the correct technique, bandage of the ankle joint by an elastic bandage can be made independently at home.
Why wear elastic bandage?
The use of the drug makes it possible to achievea number of positive effects. First of all, fixing the ankle joint allows to prevent damage to neighboring tissues. In addition, the use of the drug reduces the burden on the injured limb. Gradually, the intensity of pain is reduced, puffiness is eliminated, local metabolic processes are activated.
The elastic bandage creates the so-calledcompression effect. In other words, when applying funds to the limb, the damaged tissues are squeezed, which eliminates their discrepancy. As a result, it takes much less time to rehabilitate after an injury.
Fixing the ankle joint with an elastic bandage has a whole mass of pluses. Among the main advantages of the device is worth noting the following:
- Apply the same elastic bandage onAnkle joints can be used an unlimited number of times. For comparison, the standard gauze dressing often becomes unusable after the first application.
- When fixing the limb, the tool does not slip and does not lose shape. The elastic bandage reliably fixes the limb.
- The device is a universal solution for injuries. You can impose a remedy not only on the ankle, but on other joints.
- This dressing provides a qualitative fixation of the limb throughout the day.
- Elastic bandage anklesuperimposed quite simply. It is possible to cope with the task (with mastering the right technique). The use of the tool does not force a person to visit the treatment rooms on a regular basis.
- Bandage elastic on the ankle jointis made of strong materials, capable of resisting significant stretching, other mechanical loads. As practice shows, one such device replaces several packages of gauze. Therefore, the purchase of elastic bandage looks like a good solution in terms of cost savings.
- Elastic bandage acts as an irreplaceable assistantfor athletes, people who lead an active lifestyle. It is these individuals most often observed all kinds of joint injuries and soft tissue damage.
Elastic bandage on the ankle has andsome cons. First of all, for self-fixation of the limb, you will have to spend time learning the proper technique of applying the remedy. Admissible errors can lead to a limited inflow of blood to the limb. At the same time, an insufficient tightness of the dressing will cause an inferior fixation of the damaged joint.
For repeated use beyond the elasticYou need to learn how to take care of a bandage. Otherwise, the product can quickly become unusable. Damage is also possible to the clasp. Thus, the bandage will often fall off your feet.
Elastic bandage on the ankle: readings
Apply a fixation dressing shown whenvarious kinds of injuries of limbs. Most often, the method is resorted to in the case of sprain. Such damage can be obtained by tucking the foot. The condition is eased if the limb is fixed with an elastic bandage and leave the foot without physical exertion for several days.
The adoption of more serious measures requires a breakligaments. In this case, the limb is immobilized with gypsum for a period of about 10 days. Then the fixing agent is removed and resorts to the application of the eight-shaped elastic bandage for another couple of weeks.
Recognize the above injuries can befollowing symptoms. To stretch the ligaments is characterized by a sharp pain that subsides in a short time. After 2-3 hours, discomfort can be reinforced. Then there is probably a puffiness. Movement is substantially limited. On the contrary, in the case of ligament rupture, intense pain and edema develop almost instantly. Possible hemorrhages in local tissues. Any movement in the ankle becomes impossible.
There are other indications for the use of elastic bandage:
- Development of severe pain syndrome in the case of tissue inflammation.
- Contusion of the limb, when the epicenter of the shock load is closer to the joint.
- Rehabilitation after a slight subluxation of the leg.
- Prevention of injuries with active physical activity.
In what cases is an elastic ankle bandageThe joint should not be applied? It is not recommended to resort to the procedure if there is an open wound at the injury site or bleeding is observed. In such situations, the tissues are covered with a sterile bandage. If there is a displacement of the joint, an ice bag is applied to the damaged area. Then the limb provides complete rest before determining the nature of the problem by the doctor.
To use an elastic bandage, there arealso relative contraindications. It's about skin diseases, individual problems with blood circulation and the likelihood of blood clots. In an emergency situation, a bandage for such people can still be superimposed. But only for a short time, until the extreme need for its use will not disappear.
How to apply an elastic bandage to the ankle: bandaging
To provide a fixing effect,learn how to properly apply a bandage. In order to immobilize the limbs, eight-fold banding is most often used. How to fix the elastic bandage on the ankle joint? They resort to such actions:
- Slightly above the ankle joint, 2-3 turns of bandage are performed.
- From the outside of the limb, a transition to the inner surface of the foot through the ankle is formed.
- Next, the elastic bandage wraps around the sole of the foot, moving to the outer edge.
- Then the dressing passes through the medial ankle in the direction of the shin.
- Similar actions are repeated several times, which should lead to covering the entire area of the damaged area.
- Completing the application of elastic bandage in the shin area, where the fixation of the device with special fasteners.
The eight-part bandage prevents extensionextremities in the ankle joint. The leg is held in a bent state. The presented position helps maintain ligaments and muscle tissue in a relaxed state. The result is a shortening of the rehabilitation period after the injury.
What are the signs of an incorrect bandage?
About errors in the use of elastic bandage saysblue toes of toes. The effect may occur in cases where the dressing is too tight. The result is a disturbed outflow of venous blood. You can avoid problems by controlling your own feelings during the procedure.
Blanching or cold extremity also indicates an error. The symptom suggests that arterial blood can not enrich the foot tissues in the right amounts.
An error is considered to be an insufficient constriction of the foot inankle joint. Thus the person will not feel kompressionnogo effect. The ankle will remain quite mobile. To eliminate the omission, you need to remove the elastic bandage and apply it again, but with more force.
When using an elastic bandage, you should pay attention to the following points:
- Do not use the product immediately after exercise. It should be given the body to rest for half an hour. Thus, the possibility of edema formation is excluded.
- Tightening the bandage as tight as possible, it is possible to disturb the blood circulation. Therefore, using the tool, the main thing is not to overdo it.
- Applying an elastic bandage, do not rush. We must carefully approach the task, observing the correct technique.
- When applying the device to the limb, skin lumens should not form and any folds arise.
- After removing the bandage, the leg needs to be gently massaged for several minutes to improve the sensitivity of the tissues and to tone the muscles.
- If the passage of half an hour after the overlapThe elastic bandage in the limb has a feeling of tingling or pulsation, the remedy needs to be removed. Similar effects indicate that the device is too tightly tightened.
Damage to the ankle - prettya common trauma that can occur suddenly in the most unexpected situation. To avoid more serious health effects, it is important to have an elastic bandage available. A useful medical device will ensure the immobilization of tissues in the area of injury and ease the patient's well-being before being examined by a doctor.</ p>>