Chronic thrush. Treatment
Thrush or vaginal candidiasis causeMicroscopic bacteria, which are called Candida bacteria. Among all women's diseases, thrush is the most common, as almost every woman has ever suffered from having this problem. According to statistical indicators, approximately 75% of women had thrush at least once a year, and in 5% of all cases it is chronic, i.e. when within one year arises approximately 4-5 times.
The reasons for which there is a chronic thrush. Treatment
Causes, the occurrence of vulvavaginal candidiasisare still being investigated, but the scientists have not given an unambiguous answer on this issue. It is known that in addition to external factors that affect the health of women, the physiological features of each lady play an important role.
The most common factors that cause the appearance of thrush are:
- Tight underwear made of synthetic material, thong panties.
- It is easy to infect the vagina with improper use of toilet paper, i.e. correctly use it away from the vagina to the anus.
- Flavored pads and toilet paper, gels for intimate hygiene, bath salts, deodorants for intimate hygiene.
- It is also established that nonoxynol-9, a chemical contained in a condom, also causes thrush.
- Antibiotics destroy not only pathogenic bacteria, but also bacteria necessary for maintaining the flora of the vagina. This fact contributes to thrush.
- Diabetes. During uncontrolled diabetes, the concentration of sugar in the blood is increased and this is also reflected in the chemical composition of urine.
- Hormonal changes in the use of contraceptive pills.
- Allergy to chemicals in the pool water.
Symptoms of thrush
- Curd, with or without odor.
- Feeling of discomfort.
- There may be pain during intercourse or during urination.
- Severe itching (more often at night).
Chronic thrush. Treatment with folk remedies
In the case of chronic candidiasis should passlocal treatment of thrush, i.e. use of regular antifungal drugs (suppositories, ointments). In order that you do not suffer from chronic thrush, the treatment should be under the clear control of the doctor. And to use, it is desirable, those medicines which the expert has written out only.
Patients who have a chronicthrush, treatment is recommended to begin after another exacerbation of the disease. It in this case is a preventive therapy with the use of antifungal drugs. But it is possible that the problem will not return.
Treatment of thrush with folk remedies is muchcheaper and easier, because many of the ingredients are at our home. But it is important to remember that thrush can serve as a symptom of a more serious disease, for example, liver disease, so folk remedies in this case are unlikely to be cured.
- To reduce the itch will help extractGrapefruit seeds, which have a strong effect, similar to antibiotics. To prepare the product you need 1 teaspoon of grapefruit seed extract, which is desirable to dissolve in a glass of warm water. Douching means twice a day.
- Unrefined coconut oil contains caprylic acid. A small amount of oil to apply to the affected areas. This oil can help reduce itching.
- Douching with chamomile broth or water and soda. Repeat for 2-4 days, the itching should stop.
- The use of yogurt in your diet. You can also use a cotton swab, folded accordion, to sew a thread, and insert it into the vagina.
- Chopped garlic can be applied to the affected parts of the body. It reduces itching well.
In the event that the chronic thrush suffers,it is not necessary to stop treatment with folk remedies, but it is absolutely necessary to seek the advice of a doctor who prescribes medication.
Prevention of thrush
- Visit a gynecologist once every six months.
- In order to avoid the repetition of the problem, it is good to strengthen your immunity.
- It is desirable to wash out without using a flavored gel for intimate hygiene. It is important to wash your hands after going to the toilet.
- During sex it is desirable to use a condom.
- Wear underwear made of natural materials.