Rhinitis in the child: symptoms and treatment
Rhinitis is a phenomenon that can not be done with anythingconfuse, because it is always characterized by the release of mucus from the nose. It must be treated, especially in children, because there is always a risk of complications.
Rhinitis in a child is quite commonphenomenon, because patients of this age have too narrow nasal passages, which makes it very difficult for the mucus to escape. A similar problem often occurs in newborns in the first 10 weeks of life. This runny nose should not be treated. It needs to be able to learn, so as not to try to eliminate by medication every time.
But if the child develops acute rhinitis,things are very different. It appears due to ingestion of the infection and can last about 10 days. As a rule, acute rhinitis develops with ARVI, therefore it is viral or infectious in nature. And it must be treated.
It is worth paying special attention to rhinitisa child who has not yet turned a year old. In children, the mucous membrane swells faster, the nose is narrow, and the immunity is very weak. Infants do not know how to blow their nose, because slime goes off quite hard. That is why, at the first signs of the disease, you should immediately contact a specialist to prescribe medication. The thing is that in the absence of therapy, chronic rhinitis in children, sinusitis, otitis or pharyngitis can develop.
As a rule, in children, the common cold is not an independent problem, but a concomitant with any infectious disease. Therefore, it is necessary to treat the cause first, and then its consequences.
Rhinitis in the child in this case - a protective reactionan organism by means of which he tries to stop the infection and not let it go further, into the bronchi and lungs. Therefore, the main task of treatment is to prevent the drying out of the nasal mucosa. The point is that if this happens, the baby will breathe through the nose, which will lead to the drying of the mucus already in the lungs. And this is the right way to develop complications, in particular pneumonia.
To do this, you need to identify the rhinitis in time. Symptoms of it are usually the following:
- Nasal congestion, mucus secretion, sneezing.
- Increased body temperature, headaches.
- The child can not breathe freely.
If parents found out that their child has symptoms of acute rhinitis, as mentioned above, it should be treated immediately. For this you need to do a number of activities:
- Humidify the air in the room where the child is. Otherwise, the baby will be hard to breathe, the mucous membrane will dry up, which will aggravate the condition.
- The child should drink plenty of warm liquid.
- It is best to instill in the nose moisturizing droplets, in particular a solution of sea salt.
- If the child's breathing is very difficult, you can use a medical pear or a special mucus suction to pull the nozzles. But to do it better in a pinch.
If there is no improvement in the condition, but the following symptoms appear, you should always contact a specialist:
- Sore throat or shortness of breath.
- The child refuses to eat.
- Runny nose lasts more than 14 days.
- Discharge from the nose became purulent or bloody.