How do I charge my car battery?
The battery is the most important node in the systempower supply of any car, as a result of which it is necessary to monitor and maintain it in a normal state. The main role of the battery is to accumulate electrical energy and transfer it to all the main components and units of the car. With the passage of time, the battery working plates are subjected to sulfation processes, whereby the degree of charge of the system is reduced. In this regard, before many drivers the question of how to charge the car's battery is quite relevant. Proper recharging and timely maintenance of the battery (battery) allows you to significantly extend its service life, so that the reliability of the battery will significantly increase.
Every driver should also be aware of the fact thatcold climate, a low degree of charging AB becomes the main cause of oxidation of the plates, which, when neglected, can even lead to a change in the polarity of individual cans. In conditions of a warm climate, a very high degree of charge of the battery can lead to an intensive destruction of the gratings of the positive plates, as a result of which the active mass from them will collapse. Therefore, every competent driver should periodically make appropriate measurements, through which he can find out the exact state of his battery.
So, how do I charge the battery, and what are the ways to do this? The most common methods of recharging AB are the following:
- Control and training cycle.
- Forced charging.
- Charging by impulse current.
- Charging with an asymmetric current.
- Charge by pulsating current.
Of all the above, most oftenA training and testing cycle is used, which allows to achieve a high-quality charge of the battery, with the restoration of serviceability and an increase in the period of its operation. An important device that provides significant assistance in monitoring the battery is an anemometer. With its help, the density of electrolyte is measured, due to which the accumulation of electric charge inside the device is carried out. In order to charge the battery, you need to have a battery charger for AB, which can be purchased at a car dealer. In addition, we will need a fork (or multimeter), with which you can measure voltage with load and without load. Thus, if you have not known before before how to charge the battery, now you can do it.
Previously, to recharge the battery, it was removed from thecar, but today with this there are quite a lot of difficulties. Thanks to the development of multimedia equipment and automation systems, many drivers refuse to take off the AB, as a result of this reset the settings of the radio, climate control, on-board computer, and system errors, which are fixed in the cache when the engine is running. If the battery is disconnected, this information will be erased from the memory and it will not be possible for the SRT to make an accurate computer diagnosis of the technical condition of your car. That is why at the present time the overwhelming number of car owners prefer to recharge the battery without removing it from the car.
For this, it is necessary to make a number of preparatory measures that will help to make all the work as safely as possible.
Here's how to charge the car's battery without removing it:
- If the car stood in the frost, then after the arrival in the garage, it should stand for several hours, so that its temperature reached 22-28 degrees Celsius.
- Ignition, as well as all additional electrical appliances should be switched off or put into standby (hibernation) mode if possible.
- Before charging, you need to take readings from the battery (the density of the electrolyte, the voltage at the terminals).
- Then connect the charger to theterminals of the vehicle and supply voltage. Here it is important to take into account that since AB is on the car, the voltage should be supplied gradually (at the same time, care should be taken to ensure that there are no voltage surges). The charging time of the car battery is on average 3 to 6 hours, which depends both on the battery itself and on the type of charger to it. After the end, you should re-take measurements to ensure that the operation is successful.
So now we know how to chargebattery, and what precautions should be taken for this. Finally, it should be emphasized that, on average, a good rechargeable battery lasts up to 10 years, after which it should be replaced.</ p>>